The “Threat and Error Management and CRM for Low Level Crews Course” is a multi-media seminar acclaimed by professional airplane and helicopter operators world-wide. It gives low-level flight crews the essential skills needed to safely operate an aircraft in wire and obstruction environments.
A brief overview of the topics covered during the course are as follows:
- The “Basic Awareness” low-level flight crews must have and maintain while operating in the wire and obstruction environment.
- How to identify the hazards associated with wire and obstruction accidents.
- Understanding your exposure to the wire and obstruction environment.
- Crew Resource Management (What the pilot and crew members need to do in order to act together as a team in the wire and obstruction environment).
- Why the crew member is so important regarding safety during low-level operations.
- The responsibilities of each crew member.
- In-flight communications about wire and obstructions.
- Where the wire and obstruction environment really is.
- Dynamics of the wire environments.
- Traps waiting for untrained low-level flight crews.
- Visibility Engineering (What you can and can’t see and why).
- How flight crews can forecast the presence of wire long before they can actually see it.
- Illusions while operating in the wire environment (What causes them and how to manage them).
- The high “wire” reconnaissance (How is it different from the normal recon?)
- Additional dangers during low-level operations.
- How useful are today’s obstruction marking schemes.